P1703 - Support for EMC NAS 8.1.0 and ImprovementsNov 10, 2015
Version 7.1.01 of EMC SMIS Agent ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch:
- If your EMC NAS uses version 8.1.0 of the embedded SMI-S provider
- If you noticed a data gap for the Disk Utilization Percentage (BYDISK_UTIL) or the Disk Response Time (BYDISK_RESPONSE_TIME) metrics
- If you noticed missing relations between Storage Volume and Storage Pool.
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following improvements and fixes:
- Support for EMC NAS 8.1.0.
- The Disk Utilization Percentage (BYDISK_UTIL) and Disk Response Time (BYDISK_RESPONSE_TIME) are now properly collected.
- The relations between Storage Volume and Storage Pool are now properly discovered.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > EMC SMI-S Agent Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named EMC-SMIS-Agent-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > EMS SMI-S Agent Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.