P1704 - Improved Performance and Host Mapping Information AddedNov 10, 2015
Version 7.1.01 of Hitachi Device Manager ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you:
- Noticed inconsistencies for the Storage Systems metrics and more especially if the:
- ST_CAPACITY metric has changed after installing version 7.1.00 of the ETL
- ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY_PCT and/or ST_OVERSUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY are greater than 100%
- ST_AVAILABLE_CAPACITY is negative
- ST_AVAILABLE_FOR_STORAGE_POOLS is zero
- Want host information to be available for mapped volumes
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following improvements and fixes:
- The computation methods for the ST_CAPACITY, ST_AVAILABLE_FOR_STORAGE_POOLS, ST_AVAILABLE_CAPACITY, ST_OVERSUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY, ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY_PCT metrics have been fixed.
- The mapped volumes hostname is now retrieved while discovering Storage Volumes.
- The ST_SIZE metric computation algorithm has been improved to reduce workload.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > Hitachi Device Manager Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named Hitachi-Device-Manager-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > Hitachi Device Manager Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.