P9006 - 2500B01: Patch Bundle 1 for Veritas Cluster Server KM 2.5.00Jan 22, 2014
This patch bundle contains all the patches currently available for Veritas Cluster Server 2.5.00. It consists of the following files:
- PSL library files (psl/VCS_*.lib)
- Command files (VCS/control & VCS/software_detail_linux.sh)
- Patch bundle version file (VCS/VCS_patch_version)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if:
- You are experiencing heavy CPU usage when the VCSResourceCollector executes
- you are using Veritas Cluster Server KM 2.5.00 on PATROL Agent v9.0.20i
- you are running Veritas Cluster Server KM 2.5.00 on a Windows Server and if the KM cannot find the default library path.
What does it fix?
- VCS-150: WAN heartbeat status (VCSWHeartbeatStatus) was not monitored correctly on Windows cluster nodes. This patch bundle corrects a syntax error in the command.
- VCS-151: In large VCS clusters high CPU usage was observed with heavy I/O. This patch bundle changes the resource and service group status commands used by the VCSGroupCollector and VCSResourceCollector respectively to avoid processing large command outputs.
- VCS-166: A compatibility issue prevented the KM to operate when the PATROL Agent v9.0.20i was run with the PATROL Config Cache support.
- VCS-173: On Windows platforms, the KM was sometimes unable to automatically discover the relevant library path.
How to install the patch?
On Windows, unzip the following file to the %PATROL_HOME% directory on the managed systems:
On UNIX, untar the following file to the $PATROL_HOME directory on the managed systems:
Restart the PATROL Agents for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.