P1228: Improving Sun SPARC Servers MonitoringAug 1, 2011
Patch for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware - Version(s) 2.7.00, 2.7.03, 2.7.05, 2.7.13, 2.7.17, 2.7.26
Connectors for Sun SPARC Servers
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if one of the following conditions applies to you:
- you are seeing additional non-Sun computer enclosures appearing and the ipmitool connector is activating on a sun4v system (Sun SPARC T1, T2-based)
- you are getting intermittent false alerts for Memory, Voltages, Temperatures or Fans devices when monitoring Sun SPARC systems using the prtpicl connector
- you are having issues with missing objects / no collect values errors / too many prtpicl processes being created.
What does it fix?
- Disables the ipmitool connector on sun4v servers. Monitoring for these types of servers is performed using prtpicl or the Sun snapshot utility.
- Adds a detection criterion to monitor the number of prtpicl processes. A large number of prtpicl processes indicate that the prtld service has failed which leads to no collect values / missing device alerts.
How to install the patch?
Copy the following files to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_27xx\ on each RSM: