P1238: Improving Monitoring of IBM servers running Linux and WindowsSep 29, 2011
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.6.00, 1.6.01, 1.7.00, 1.7.01
Connectors for IBM Director 6.x and patched connectors for SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller (ServeRaid)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if:
- The KM shows non-existing physical disks or disk controllers with no device ID. These devices often generate missing alerts.
- The KM failed to discover CPUs that do not have a description.
What does it fix?
- Prevents creation of invalid disk instances.
- CPUs detection is now based on the CPU speed instead of whether or not the CPU has a description.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the %PATROL_HOME%/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.