P1260: Service Release 1: Custom Events and Backup Jobs not fully populatedJan 17, 2012
Service Release 1 for Symantec NetBackup KM for PATROL
Should you install this patch?
Apply this service release if you are using the custom KM events to monitor the Symantec NetBackup infrastructure. Custom events related to backup drives and some backup jobs were not fully populated prior to this service release.
What does it fix?
Service Release 1 fixes the following issues:
- Drive status alert did not report device host anymore
- Job detail command failed for old jobs leading to improperly explained triggered events
- No error information was available for the triggered event when a backup job failed with error "cannot access", "access denied" or "cannot open".
How to install the patch?
- Unzip the v.2.7.00_SR1.zip file
- Copy all the NBU_*_lib.lib files (v.2.7.00_SR1\lib\psl) to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib\psl or $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl directory on the managed server.
- Copy the control & version files (v.2.7.00_SR1\lib\NBU*) to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib\NBU or $PATROL_HOME/lib/NBU directory on the managed server.
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the service release to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.
- Check the KM version is actually 2.7.00 SR-1 ([right-click] on the main Symantec NetBackup KM main icon > [KM Commands] > [About])