P1261: Specific Connector for EMC Disk ArraysJan 20, 2012
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.6.01, 1.7.00, 1.7.01
Connector file for EMC Disk Arrays
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you wish to monitor EMC Disk Arrays with Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL.
What does it fix?
This patch optimizes the monitoring of EMC Disk Arrays:
- Components have more meaningful identifiers.
- Components are now always properly attached to the appropriate enclosures.
- Storage Processors, Batteries and Ethernet port monitoring added.
- Queries and code optimized to allow more and larger disk arrays to be monitored from the same Patrol Agent.
- Adds Support for VNXe systems.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Reinitialize the KM ([right-click] on the main Hardware Sentry icon > [KM Commands] > [Reinitialize KM...])
- Reconfigure the remote monitoring of the EMC SMI-S Provider ([KM Command] > [This System's Settings], [Connection, Credentials and Connectors]). Deselect the "SMI-S Compliant Disk Arrays" Connector and select the "EMC Disk Arrays" Connector.
- The KM will automatically reinitialize and start using the EMC Disk Arrays connector.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.