P1288: Connector for Sun SPARC Machines running Solaris 10Feb 21, 2012
Connector for Sun Solaris - Environment (prtpicl)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch :
- if you need to monitor a Sun Fire 480r or V490 server
- if you receive alarms about missing components even if they are reconnected
What does it fix?
The connector properly retrieves the model name of the server on Sun Fire 480r and V490 systems in the output of the prtpicl command. The old instances are properly handled to prevent the retention of missing components
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.