P1291: WBEM HP Insight Management Agent on Linux and VMwareFeb 24, 2012
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.6.00, 1.6.01, 1.7.00, 1.7.01
- HP ProLiant Servers running Linux using the WBEM version of the HP Insight Manager Agent
- ESX servers with the HP Insight Manager Agent installed on the host ESX Server.
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are using the WBEM version of the HP Insight Manager Agent on a Linux Server, or if you have the HP Insight Manager Agent for ESX installed (or an HP Customized version of ESX).
What does it fix?
- Allows the monitoring of an HP Server running Linux via WBEM instead of SNMP.
- Provides an alternative to the ESX native hardware monitoring agent on ESX Server. The HP Agent for ESX usually provides better and more details status of the server.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the %PATROL_HOME%/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- This connector should be used in combination with the "SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller - Linux" connector which will monitor local disk status.
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.