P1302: TSM instances are not created/monitoredMar 28, 2012
PSL library for Tivoli Storage Manager KM v2.6.00 for PATROL
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are getting permission errors in the TSMNodeStatus parameter annotation or in the KM Status report, such as:
- ANS2036W Pruning functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager prune files: /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmprune.log. errno = 13, Permission denied (query status)
What does it fix?
This patch changes the DSMADMC commands issued by the KM to redirect the error logs to the KM temporary folder.
How to install the patch?
- Unzip the file TSM_SERVER.zip
- Copy the following file to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib\knowledge or $PATROL_HOME/lib/knowledge directory on the managed server:
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.