P1349: Monitoring Recent Oracle (SUN) x86 Servers Using IPMISeptember 19, 2012
Patch for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware - Version(s) 2.7.28
Connector for IPMI monitoring
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you need to monitor a recent Oracle (SUN) server or a SUN server with a recently updated firmware.
What does it fix?
- The connector now recognizes the manufacturer identifier of "Oracle" and processes SUN/Oracle specific sensors properly.
- Oracle/Sun Specific power supply sensors (PSx/VINOK and PSx/PWROK) now correctly interpreted.
- Debugging information has been improved.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to %RSM_HOME%/RSMxx/SEN_HW/hdf_27xx/ on each RSM:
- No further action is required.