P1369: Improved Monitoring of EMC Storage SystemsOctober 30, 2012
Patch for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware - Version(s) 2.7.00, 2.7.03, 2.7.05, 2.7.13, 2.7.17, 2.7.26, 2.7.28
Connector for EMC Disk Arrays
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch:
- if you monitor EMC storage systems and experience false alarms on the FC and/or Ethernet ports.
- to fix a display issue for controllers and storage processors.
What does it fix?
- FC ports and Ethernet ports that were not configured or not in use were inaccurately reported as "Failed (Stopped)" with a status in alarm. Such ports are now reported with an OK status.
- The connection type of the port is no longer detailed in the instance name. Only the main acronym is being used: "FC Port N", "FC Port E", etc.
- The speed of each port is now monitored with the LinkSpeed parameter of the MS_HW_NETWORK class.
- Controllers and storage processors are now reported as "Controllers" under the "Other Devices" category.
- The ID of the storage processors and controllers is no longer displayed twice in the label of the corresponding instance.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_27xx\ on each RSM: