P1389: Compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2, TFrozen State in Veritas Storage Foundation 6.xJanuary 15, 2013
Patch for Veritas Cluster Server KM for PATROL - Version(s) 2.4.00
PSL Library for Veritas Cluster Server KM for PATROL.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- Veritas Cluster Server KM for PATROL 2.4.00 is installed on Windows 2008 R2 platforms with PATROL Agent 3.8.50.
- If you're using Veritas Storage Foundation 6.x.
What does it fix?
This patch fixes the following issues:
- The KM crashed when attempting to trigger events with more than 15 fields when installed on Windows 2008 R2 platforms with PATROL Agent 3.8.50.
- The VCSSystemFrozenState parameter was not properly set for Veritas Storage Foundation 6.x systems since the KM failed to detect the TFrozen state.
How to install the patch?
- Unzip vcs-64.zip
- Copy the extracted files to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib\ or $PATROL_HOME/lib/ directory on the managed node running the KM
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.