P1418: Connector File for HP StorageWorks MSA 2000 and P2000May 24, 2012
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.6.01, 1.7.00, 1.7.01, 1.8.00, 1.8.01
Connector file for HP StorageWorks MSA 2000 and P2000
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are:
- Monitoring a large P2000 system and are having connection issues / connector failures.
- Monitoring a single controller system.
This patch replaces: P1370, P1329, 1313, P1233
What does it fix?
- The "show configuration" command previously used to provide the status of the disk array was causing connection issues due to the size of the output returned and the time taken to run the command. The patch runs each component of "show configuration" separately to reduce the load on the SSH client and P2000 Management Card.
- The empty second controller slot on single controllers systems was being reported as failed. The patch detects controllers that are not present and does not monitor them (a removed controller will still generate a missing).
- Components were not always attached to their correct system. Additional methods to associate components to enclosures have been added.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the MS_HW_HPDotHill.hdf file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory
- Re-initialize the KM ([right-click] on the main Hardware Sentry icon > [KM Commands] > [Reinitialize KM...]).