P1530: Add HBA Link Speed, Statistics, Remove Duplicate LUN MonitoringMay 13, 2014
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.00, 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00
Connector for SMI-S Compliant HBA
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you are getting duplicate LUN instances or are migrating to an OS-specific LUN monitoring method.
- you wish to monitor link speed and/or statistics.
Note: ESX servers LUNs should be monitored using the VMware ESXi 5 LUN connector. Linux servers should be monitored using the Linux - Multipath connector.
What does it fix?
- Removes Logical Disk (LUN) monitoring from the SMI-S HBA Connector
- Adds link speed and statistics.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.