P1531: Add HBA Link Speed, Statistics, Remove Duplicate LUN MonitoringMay 13, 2014
Patch for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware - Version(s) 2.7.26, 2.7.28, 2.9.00, 2.9.10
Connector for SMI-S Compliant HBA
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you are getting duplicate LUN instances or are migrating to an OS-specific LUN monitoring method.
- you wish to monitor link speed and/or statistics.
Note: ESX servers LUNs should be monitored using the VMware ESXi 5 LUN connector. Linux servers should be monitored using the Linux - Multipath connector.
What does it fix?
- Removes Logical Disk (LUN) monitoring from the SMI-S HBA Connector
- Adds link speed and statistics.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_2xx\ on each RSM:
- Restart the RSM to prevent the Logical Disks from going "Missing".