P1540: Various Issues for VVM 2.5.00 Running on WindowsJune 26, 2014
Patch for Veritas Volume Manager KM for PATROL - Version(s) 2.5.00
- PSL library file
- Command files
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if:
- You are using the monitoring solution on Windows systems.
- You are monitoring a Storage Foundation 5x system running on Windows.
- You are using the multi-node monitoring mode to monitor Microsoft Cluster.
What does it fix?
- VVM-143: The KM did not properly interpret the output of the iostat command used to collect statistics from deported volumes on Windows. This resulted in a false alarm to be triggered by the VVMLoginStatus parameter.
- VVM-153: A false alarm was triggered by the VVMDiskdeviceStatus parameter when monitoring a Storage Foundation 5x system running on Windows.
- VVM-159: The Microsoft Cluster active node was not properly detected when the KM was operating in multi-node monitoring mode.
How to install the patch?
- Unzip the following file to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib directory on the managed server:
- Restart the PATROL Agent.
- Nothing needs to be installed on the Console systems.