P1545: Improved Monitoring of Hitachi USP, VSPJul 3, 2014
Connector for Hitachi HDS USP/VSP Storage Systems
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are monitoring the hardware of your Hitachi HDS USP/VSP Storage System with the "Hitachi HDS Disk Arrays" connector.
What does it fix?
The "Hitachi HDS Disk Arrays" connector, which relies on the Hitachi SMI-S Provider, only provides partial information about Hitachi USP/VSP storage systems. A new connector, MS_HW_HitachiVSPSNMP.hdf, has therefore been developed to more accurately report on the status of Hitachi HDS USP/VSP Storage Systems. It requires direct SNMP access to each system.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry.
- Remove the existing monitoring of your system using the Hitachi HDS Disk Arrays Connector.
- Add each USP/VSP separately and specify the SNMP community string.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.