P1579: VMWare ESX - Memory Sensors Listed in "Other" SensorsNov 19, 2014
- Connector for VMware ESX 4 or later servers
- Connector for VMware ESX 3 servers
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if in the vCenter/vSphere configuration tab, you have individual memory sensors listed under "Other" Sensors and you want them to be monitored by the Hardware KM.
What does it fix?
ESX sometimes reports errorcounts for individual memory sensors under "Other". This patch will add these sensors under memory modules. The "Global" memory status instance will continue to be shown if only ECC sensors are found for individual memory modules so that non-ECC errors are still reported.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.