P1589: False Voltage Alerts for SPARC Enterprise Mx000 (XSCF) SystemsDec 16, 2014
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.00, 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00
Connector for SPARC Enterprise Mx000 (XSCF)
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are getting false voltage alerts due to incorrect thresholds.
What does it fix?
- The 1.2V and 12V sensors were assigned the same device ID, resulting in a 12V voltage instance having a 1.2V threshold.
- Negative voltage sensors, such as -12V, are now discovered.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.