P1649: Improved Network Monitoring through SNMP MIB-2 for Windows and Network SwitchesJune 9, 2015
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.00, 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00
- Connector for MIB-2 Standard SNMP Agent - Network Interfaces - Windows
- Connector for MIB-2 Standard SNMP Agent - Network Interfaces
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are monitoring a server running Windows 2008/2012 or a switch using SNMP.
What does it fix?
- Improves the Display IDs to match Windows Description / Unique port ID.
- Excludes monitoring of Windows "Hyper-V Network Switch Default Miniports".
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.