P1679: LUNs Being Monitored As Local Physical DisksSeptember 3, 2015
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.00, 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00
Connector for WMI - Disks
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you see LUNs being monitored as local physical disks.
What does it fix?
- If a Windows server had both LUNs and local non-RAID physical disks, then the WMI - Disks connector monitored both as local physical disks. LUNs will now be excluded from the monitoring.
- EMC PowerPath LUNs were monitored when local physical disks were missing.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.