P1704: Improved Performance and Host Mapping Information AddedNovember 10, 2015
Patch for Hitachi Device Manager ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization - Version(s) 7.1.00
Version 7.1.01 of Hitachi Device Manager ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you:
- Noticed inconsistencies for the Storage Systems metrics and more especially if the:
- ST_CAPACITY metric has changed after installing version 7.1.00 of the ETL
- ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY_PCT and/or ST_OVERSUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY are greater than 100%
- ST_AVAILABLE_CAPACITY is negative
- ST_AVAILABLE_FOR_STORAGE_POOLS is zero
- Want host information to be available for mapped volumes
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following improvements and fixes:
- The computation methods for the ST_CAPACITY, ST_AVAILABLE_FOR_STORAGE_POOLS, ST_AVAILABLE_CAPACITY, ST_OVERSUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY, ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY_PCT metrics have been fixed.
- The mapped volumes hostname is now retrieved while discovering Storage Volumes.
- The ST_SIZE metric computation algorithm has been improved to reduce workload.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > Hitachi Device Manager Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named Hitachi-Device-Manager-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > Hitachi Device Manager Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.