Monitoring Studio X Unexpectedly Hangs or Consumes High CPU When Running a JRE Higher Than 8
KB1277 - Jan 11, 2021
Description: Solution to implement if Monitoring Studio X unexpectedly hangs or consumes high CPU when running a JRE higher than version 8.
Additional Keywords: Monitoring Studio X, Collection Hub, JRE, Java, High CPU Usage, Timeout
The Collection Hub process of Monitoring Studio X gradually consumes all processor time. As more and more threads get stuck in an infinite loop, the Collection Hub is no longer able to respond to requests and the HTTP server slows down to halt. As a consequence, the Web UI of Monitoring Studio X hangs and times out.
The Collection Hub process is a Java process that can be identified with this command line:
java -Xms128m -Xmx512m -jar /opt/bmc/Patrol3/bin/X_matsya-core-java.jar -locale:C
The above command line may vary depending on your environment.
This problem is a known issue with TLS 1.3 in versions of Java greater than 8, as reported by Oracle in JDK-8208526 : TLS 1.3 half-close and synchronization issues.
To solve this issue:
- Log in to Monitoring Studio X.
- Go to Agent > Java Settings.
-Djdk.tls.acknowledgeCloseNotify=trueto the JVM Arguments.
- Save these Java Settings.
- Click RESTART to restart the Collection Hub.
Alternatively, you can connect through TrueSight, with the Monitoring Studio X TSPS Component.
If the problem persists, a reboot of the system may be required.
- Embedding a File in a Monitoring Studio X Template
- Failing to Upgrade to Java v1.8.0_45
- Getting Notified When a Parameter is no Longer in Alert
- Installation or Upgrade Fails Due to Locked Out Jar Files
- Monitoring Fails Due to SSL Handshake or Authentication Failures
- Monitoring SharePoint 2016 and 2019 with Monitoring Studio X
- Monitoring Studio Denies Access to the Web Interface
- Monitoring Studio X: HTTP Proxy Authentication Fails When Using Java 8 Update 111 or Later
- Monitoring a Non-Listed Database with Monitoring Studio X
- Other Sentry KMs Stop Working After EMC KM 3.1.00 Install
- Properly Setting the Exit Codes When Configuring the Command Line Monitor
- SSH-based monitoring fails due to incompatible Java versions
- Storage KMs Run Out-Of-Memory and Stop Collecting Data
- Text Processing with Monitoring Studio X
- Troubleshooting Issues with TrueSight Presentation 11.3.03 Upgrade
- java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection Reset When Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2