Class-41 Events not Sent to Cell After Upgrading PATROL Agent to v9.5
KB1138 - May 13, 2014
Description: How to send the class-41 events generated by the Sentry Software’s KMs to the BEM/BPPM cell when using PATROL Agent v9.5.
Additional Keywords: BEM, BPPM, Class 11, Class 41, Events, PATROL Agent, wpconfig
The class-41 events generated by Monitoring Studio KM and Hardware Sentry KM may have been configured to be automatically sent to the BEM/BPPM cell as specified in the KB1104. However, after upgrading the PATROL Agent to v9.5, these events may no longer appear in the cell.
When this issue occurs, you can notice in the Event Manager that class-11 and class -41 events are generated:
Class-11 and 41 Events in the Event Manager
But that only the class-11 event appears in the BEM/BPPM cell:
To solve this issue and make PATROL Agent v9.5 send class-41 events to the BEM/BPPM cell:
- Run wpconfig
- In the Tree view, double-click EventSetup > Format >BiiP3 > catalogs > 0 > types > 41
- Set the Active variable to 1
- Apply your new configuration.
- Restart the PATROL Agent.
Class-41 events will now appear in the BEM/BPPM cell.
- BPPM Group View: Monitors not Displayed in Tree Views
- Closing Sentry Class-41 Events in BEM/BPPM when Class-9 Events are Generated
- Deduplicating PATROL Events with Different mc_origin_key Slot Values
- Empty Values for mc_object_class, mc_object and mc_parameter Slots in the Sentry KMs’ Events
- Enriching PATROL Events with More Meaningful Information
- Generating Test Events with Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL
- Handling PATROL Events of Class 11/41
- Hardware Monitoring: Modifying the Maximum Number of Hosts
- High CPU and PATROL Crash Issues after loading Hardware Sentry KM
- How NetApp Filers KM for PATROL Reports 'Failed’ and ‘Degraded’ Status Values in the PATROL Console
- How to Manually Set Agent Thresholds in a CMA Policy
- Infinite Loop Reported in the PATROL Agent Log or System Output Window
- Integrating the Events Generated by the KMs into BMC Event Manager
- Integrating the Sentry Software's KMs into BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM)
- Problem: Missing Sentry Software's KMs in BPPM CMA Monitoring Repository
- The user name or password is incorrect Message Appears in PATROL Agent Error Log
- Too Many Hardware Sentry Internal Events Generated in TrueSight/PATROL Consoles
- Troubleshooting Missed Events
- Unable to Load the Sentry’s KMs when Using PATROL Agent v.9.0.00
- Updating the mc_host and mc_host_address Slots of Sentry Class-41 Events in BEM with the Actual Hostname and IP Address of the Remotely Monitored System
- Using Macros to Customize PATROL Event Alert Actions