P1753: Patch for Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager ETL for BMC TrueSight CO 7.1.00May 24, 2016
Version 7.1.01 of Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Accepted versions of BMC TrueSight CO: 10.0.00.[ 01:* ];10.0.[ 01:* ];10.3.[ 00:* ]
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you notice data gaps for some metrics.
- you need the Disk revolutions per minute information.
- you notice inconsistencies for the ST_CAPACITY, ST_AVAILABLE_FOR_STORAGE_POOLS, ST_SYSTEM_SUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY, and ST_POOL_SUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY metrics.
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following changes, improvements and fixes:
- Data gaps could be observed when the timestamp and duration were not correct for some samples. The timestamp and duration are now properly computed.
- The BYDISK_RPM metric was added to the SYSDSK dataset to expose the disk revolutions per minute.
- The computation methods were reviewed for the following metrics:
- ST_CAPACITY: for the storage center, it corresponds to the storage space that is both used and available to create Disk Folders or Volumes; for disk folders, it corresponds to storage space that is both used and available to create volumes.
- ST_AVAILABLE_FOR_STORAGE_POOLS: it exposes the capacity that is still available after creating the storage pools.
- ST_SYSTEM_SUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY: it corresponds to the sum of the capacity of all mapped volumes.
- ST_POOL_SUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY: it corresponds to the sum of the capacity of all the associated mapped volumes.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASK > Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named Dell-Compellent-Enterprise-Manager-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASK > Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.